Exciting employment opportunities for creative people
Cincinnati Public Radio is currently seeking to fill the following position(s):
Assistant Traffic Manager, Part Time
The Assistant Traffic Manager is a 20-25 hours per week position. The Assistant Traffic Manager is responsible for assisting the Traffic Manager with all aspects of scheduling the traffic and coordinating continuity for both stations. This position may also be asked to perform limited administrative functions for other departments. This position requires a detail oriented person who is able to juggle multiple tasks.
- Reconcile daily logs for both stations.
- Assist with scheduling of programming and the announcements for all departments.
- Assist with the make-up all bumped announcements as time becomes available.
- Enter copy for announcements into the traffic system.
- Mail invoices with statements to underwriters at the beginning of each month.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Strong computer skills and willingness to learn new computer skills as needed.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, attention to detail and meet deadlines required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with traffic management preferred but not required.
Submit cover letter and résumé to:
Assistant Traffic Manager, Part Time
Cincinnati Public Radio
1223 Central Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45214
Please submit résumé by February 20, 2015. No phone calls, please.
DO YOU LOVE PUBLIC RADIO? CLASSICAL MUSIC?
AND HAVE MEDIA SALES EXPERIENCE?
WE HAVE A MULTI-PLATFORM SALES OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE AT CINCINNATI PUBLIC RADIO!
Do Work That Matters
Market Enginuity is seeking a determined and persuasive sales professional to join our sales team at Cincinnati Public Radio in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Each week, over 230,900 different people listen to Cincinnati Public Radio. WVXU 91.7 / WMUB 88.5 connect Greater Cincinnati to a world of ideas with award-winning local reporting and national news, talk and entertainment from highly regarded public media producers such as NPR®. With music for the heart, mind and spirit, WGUC 90.9 makes classical music accessible and serves as a guide for local arts and culture.
An account executive in public media is similar to that of a salesperson in commercial broadcasting or local print media. You will be expected to make cold-calls to decision makers at local businesses, meet with them to understand their marketing needs and develop proposals that offer marketing solutions to help them grow their businesses.
This is a full life cycle sales position in that you will prospect, conduct needs assessments, create and present proposals, close the deal, write copy and service the account. Being in an outside sales position responsible for the sale of radio sponsorship messages, digital media and events is a big deal – while managing an account list you will also focus on developing new business by cold-calling and following a consultative sales approach.
Do You Have?
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a "go get 'em" attitude.
- Passion for the product. We are looking for a BIG fan of NPR and classical music. Having knowledge about the programming is a plus!
- The ability to build rapport with people face-to-face and virtually to achieve business relationships that are credible and trustworthy.
- Thoughtful and persuasive verbal and written communications skills. Ability to create credible and professional visual presentations and proposals.
- The ability to research market data and use it appropriately to sell the product.
- The ability to secure new business by using a disciplined sales process.
- Ability to manage time and resources, prioritize effectively and achieve/exceed goals.
- A collaborative personality. We are looking for a team member who values communicating with management and peers for feedback/insight.
- The ability to think strategically to achieve station, client and personal goals.
- 3+ years of sales experience. Preference will be given to candidates with media sales experience.
- 4 year college degree; related field is preferred.
Please upload ONE document containing: (1) a letter explaining your interest and how your skills are aligned to this position and (2) your resume. This is YOUR opportunity TO SELL us on being a strong candidate for this position!
To apply use the following web address to access our Career Center:
The system is best supported by the following web browsers - Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Please use one of these web browsers for the most efficient access to the job posting system.
About Market Enginuity:
Unique doesn't begin to describe this "one-of-a-kind" company. Market Enginuity provides outsourced corporate sponsorship sales to public radio and television stations in 12 markets. Recognized as a leader in generating corporate sponsorship for public broadcasting stations, Market Enginuity is committed to helping client stations better serve their communities while helping sponsors grow their businesses. Meeting and exceeding our client stations' goals requires our sales candidates to be exceptional, determined professionals who share our enthusiasm and vision for setting the standard of excellence for corporate support in public broadcasting. Best of all, we have "fish flingin' fun" while we are at it!
Market Enginuity Offers:
- Compensation Package: Market competitive and focused on growth
- Targeted sales training and dedicated management support
- Team of smart, creative and collaborative people
- Core values that include a commitment to the success of all stakeholders, a healthy work-life balance and mutual trust, dignity and respect
- Competitive Benefits Plans: Medical, dental, vision, disability and life plans; Retirement Savings: 401(k) plan; Generous Personal Time Off (PTO) policy and Holiday Schedule
Market Enginuity is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
About Cincinnati Public Radio
Cincinnati Public Radio's mission is to bring the finest classical music and news and information programming to the people of the Tri-State. We accomplish this via the operation of a variety of over-the-air radio broadcast services and on-line Internet streams and on-demand downloads. Local productions such as Cincinnati Edition and Around Cincinnati, as well as concert recordings of the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Cincinnati Opera and May Festival, join national public radio favorites Morning Edition, All Things Considered, Wait Wait…Don't Tell Me, The Diane Rehm Show, Fresh Air, This American Life and A Prairie Home Companion to enrich listeners' lives and help create a vibrant and more informed tri-state community.
Careers in Public Broadcasting
Employment opportunities throughout the public broadcasting industry can be found at the Corporation for Public Broadcasting's Jobline.
Cincinnati Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.