Interested in an internship at Cincinnati Public Radio?
Find out more at cinradio.org/internships.
Exciting employment opportunities for creative people
Cincinnati Public Radio is currently seeking to fill the following position(s):
Cincinnati Edition Host
Cincinnati Public Radio is looking for a dynamic, engaged and curious person to host WVXU's Cincinnati Edition. Along with hosting the program, in collaboration with the show's producers, the host will book guests, write scripts and promos, and interact on social media. This position must successfully collaborate with others on the WVXU news and production team and play an active role in fundraising and outreach/public appearances.
You'll find lots of big city amenities without the big city prices in Cincinnati and a vibrant public radio station with a growing news department.
- Prepares for & hosts Cincinnati Edition (Monday through Friday 1:00 to 2:00 pm)
- Interacts with the social media community regularly throughout the day
- Actively develops ideas for segments, researches these ideas and books guests
- Produces additional content including interviews, features, background for use during the show and for distribution via online and mobile platform
- Participates in events including fundraising, outreach, and other public appearances
- Bachelor's degree with Journalism or Broadcasting background, or equivalent.
- 3-5 years' experience in radio as discussion program host/reporter/producer preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to guide a compelling discussion that includes listener feedback via, phone, email and social media
- Excellent interview and listening skills
- Keen curiosity and desire for continual learning
- Familiarity and appreciation for public radio news style.
- Good broadcast voice and ability to work with direction and coaching.
- Good writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of broadcast production. Knowledge of editing and remote recording equipment helpful but not required.
- Familiarity/experience with social media and its use as part of the broadcast media
- Ability to work with a diverse and creative team.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.