Interested in an internship at Cincinnati Public Radio?
Find out more at cinradio.org/internships.
Exciting employment opportunities for creative people
Cincinnati Public Radio is currently seeking to fill the following position(s):
Reporter- General Assignment
Supervisor's Title: News Director
Cincinnati Public Radio is looking for an entry level radio news reporter to join our growing newsroom. This person will be responsible for gathering and presenting news stories covering a variety of significant local issues on-air, online, and across social media platforms. Applicants should be able to collaborate with the news team and enthusiastically grow their skills in the field of public radio news. This position also will play an active role during on-air fundraising and will fill in as an on-air host.
- Gathers news for on-air, web and social media, including short and long-form stories and interviews. This includes using audio, photos and solid writing skills
- Edits other news reporters' work both for broadcast and digital
- Prepares and shares stories with Ohio Public Radio, Kentucky Public Radio and NPR
- Attends news conferences and interview sessions, representing Cincinnati Public Radio professionally
- Available to be a guest on Cincinnati Edition as news warrants
- Plays an active role with on-air fundraising, outreach and public appearances
- Serves as back up on-air host
- Understanding of Cincinnati Public Radio's programming and belief in our mission and vision
- Bachelor's degree with Journalism or Broadcasting background or equivalent
- Some experience in radio as host/reporter/producer preferred (internship included)
- Good broadcast voice and ability to work with direction and coaching
- Strong writing, editing, and interviewing skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of broadcast production, editing and recording equipment
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse and creative team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Familiarity and appreciation of public radio news style
- Some evening work required
Please send cover letter, resume and writing and audio samples by 1/30/19 to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.