Chief Administrative & Financial Officer
$100,000 to $123,000 (commensurate with experience)
Cincinnati Public Radio is looking for a Chief Financial Officer who will be responsible for the preparation and oversight of the annual budget, financial statements, managing the finance committee of the Board of Directors, recording all invoices and process all payments, managing benefit programs, maintaining personnel files, and communicating human resources related information to employees. The successful candidate will recognize the importance of strategic financial planning to maintain the financial strength and funding for capital, be responsible for infrastructure/systems needed to support the organization management and administrative needs, and be a future-facing, collaborative, creative professional with a passion for public radio. The position reports to the General Manager/CEO.
We offer a competitive salary, plus generous vacation, health, dental and life insurance and annuity packages.
Cincinnati Public Radio stations have been trusted members of the Greater Cincinnati community for more than 60 years. This is a rare opportunity to join an award-winning team that works to build connections, make a difference in the lives of listeners, and serve a unique community that is informed, involved and inspired.
Cincinnati is listed among the 'Most Livable Communities' by the non-profit organization Partners for Livable Communities; it's one of just 30 cities across the nation whose innovations have brought vitality and growth to their regions and improved quality of life. We have a thriving arts and entertainment scene and an impressive commitment to becoming one of the greenest cities in the country. Cincinnati offers big city amenities without the big city prices – Cincinnati Public Radio is a group of three vibrant public radio stations with a growing staff and bright future.
- Prepares monthly financial statements, including several supplemental schedules.
- Plans and manages finance committee, with an average of five meetings per year.
- Records all invoices and processes all payments. Reconciles credit card statements and receipts for corporate account.
- Processes payroll for two cycles: bi-weekly and semi-monthly (through use of third party). Includes maintaining the timekeeping system with time-off accruals, processing employee changes, remitting retirement contributions with matching, and recording entries in the general ledger system.
- Manages benefit programs: healthcare, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance.
- Maintains personnel files. Communicates human resources related information to employees regularly. Serves as a resource to other managers for human resource matters.
- Performs annual salary analysis for each employee and adjusts ranges as necessary. Updates the Employee Handbook, employee job descriptions, and the organizational chart as necessary.
- Participates in the onboarding of new staff, supplying them with all the necessary human resources paperwork.
- Coordinates process to fill open/new positions, includes assisting with job description drafting, posting the job, and sorting all resumes received.
- Coordinates Diversity & Inclusion efforts across the organization.
- Completes the annual budget through coordination with each department. Tracks the progress against budget throughout the year, sending monthly updates to each manager.
- Monitors bank accounts, including daily positive pay approvals, monthly reconciliations, and evaluation for changes to account structure.
- Maintains accounts receivable listings for underwriting including posting occasional payment batches and processing any write-offs and assisting with collection on aged accounts. Communicates with underwriting clients on billing matters as needed. Maintains records of all trade activity.
- Coordinates and manages the annual audit. Prepares all necessary schedules and provides all requested supporting documentation.
- Performs annual impairment testing of our broadcast license which includes analysis of recent sales, current business conditions, and cash flow.
- Completes the annual information requests for Form 990 and the annual CPB financial reports.
- Ensures PCI (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) compliance, planning and documenting quarterly checks in and annual meetings.
- Monitors investment accounts and maintains relationship with investment advisors.
- Manages insurance renewals and processes any necessary changes to our insurance between renewals as business risks require.
- At least ten years of experience in accounting or finance, including minimum of five years management experience, preferably in non-commercial media.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or a similar field, or equivalent experience. MBA and/or CPA or CMA a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and digital platforms.
- Familiarity with Quickbooks and Raiser's Edge preferred.
- Ability to coach and inspire members of a diverse and creative team.
- The ideal candidate must have strong written, oral, presentation, planning, analytical, project management and leadership skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines, and have mastery of GAAP.
Please send cover letter and resume by September 30, 2021 to email@example.com.