Exciting employment opportunities for creative people
Cincinnati Public Radio is currently seeking to fill the following position(s):
The Staff Accountant is a new role at Cincinnati Public Radio and is primarily intended to support the organization's CFO by assuming primary responsibility for many of the organization's day-to-day accounting processes.
Responsibilities will be dependent upon the organization's needs at a given time and the background of the candidate, but may include:
- End-to-end management of the accounts payable process: coding invoices, ensuring proper approvals are received, and processing bill payments.
- Posting grant and other revenue billings within the organization's accounting system (QuickBooks)
- Daily recording cash receipts
- Regular reconciliation of bank and investment accounts
- Processing and submitting bi-weekly payroll
- Posting other regular and recurring transaction activity (e.g., credit card expenditures, etc.)
- Perform ad hoc analysis and reporting, as assigned
- Assisting the CFO with assessing current accounting operations and internal controls, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing new processes as required
Recognizing candidate skill sets and backgrounds may vary, the ideal candidate would possess some combination of the following (though not all are required):
- 3-5 years of experience in a Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant, or comparable function, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent business experience, a plus
- Experience in processing payroll, a plus
- Experience with QuickBooks and/or Paycor, a plus
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Excel-based reporting
- Aptitude and ability to work with financial information with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines
- A work mentality rooted in professionalism and ethical behavior
- Strong communication skills and an interest in working collaboratively to support staff and other departments through the organization
- Ability to develop and implement structured solutions for unstructured problems
- Ability to work with a diverse and creative team
- Familiarity and appreciation for the mission of public radio a plus
Salary range: $48,000 to $56,000.
Please apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Careers in Public Broadcasting
Employment opportunities throughout the public broadcasting industry can be found at the Corporation for Public Broadcasting's Jobline.
Cincinnati Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
CONTACTING CINCINNATI PUBLIC RADIO FOR NOTICE OF JOB VACANCIES
Cincinnati Public Radio is pleased to meet its responsibility to provide notices of full-time job vacancies to qualified recruitment organizations. If your organization would like additional information, please contact Cincinnati Public Radio in writing at email@example.com or
Cincinnati Public Radio
1223 Central Parkway
Cincinnati, Ohio 45214-2889